Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

We had a wonderful and eventful Christmas this year! Much different from the past having a new little life to share it with. We started it off Christmas Eve by attending the Candlelight service at Covenant. We attended the traditional service (we usually go to the Contemporary) and I have to say it was very refreshing seeing all the little things that I saw growing up like the Choir (wow), robes, lighting of the candles, the bible displayed, saying the Lord's Prayer…it was amazing all the little things that you don't see or do in the Contemporary service. I wish we let Colt sit with us during the service, since I noticed that most other families had all their kids with them. It was probably a good thing for me, b/c I wouldn't have paid attention otherwise. It was a wonderful sermon (as usual with Hays) which was wrapped up in singing Silent Night and everyone in the sanctuary lighting their candles handed out before the service. I can't explain why this kind of thing gets to me (emotionally) but it does:) I usually hide it pretty good!

After the service, we went over to Josh's parents to eat and exchange gifts. Mrs. Sharon fixed an awesome dinner…pork and rice, salmon croquettes (the kids love these…weird), little white peas, butter beans, fried okra, rolls, and pecan pie. I feel like there was more, but that's all I can think of. We exchanged presents and Colt missed everything because it was past his bedtime. He got a riding toy (Handy Manny), clothes and a couple of toys from his Nana and Pops and clothes from his Jennifer and Hunter and Jenni and Nils.





Christmas Day…I considered calling this post "4 Christmases" b/c 1) we just watched the movie and 2) that's how many Christmases we did in one day!

Christmas #1 - 7 am - we (of course ) waited for Colt to wake up…he's usually the first up anyway. I know he doesn't understand what's going on, but we have to start practicing! So as soon as he woke up I told him that Santa had come to see him. He so happy to hear about his visit!





He opened his presents from Santa and got some diapers (what? He asked for them!), football, basketball, clothes, a ball toy (not sure what it's called), some fruit and puffs. After he opened presents Josh and I opened our stockings from each other, we always fill each other's stockings. We didn't give each other anything else, except the ski trip to Breckenridge!



Gizzy and Daisy got a little surprise too:)



After we opened presents we were off to getting ready and packing the car! I'm very grateful that we could spend our first Christmas at home and tend to do so from here on out, but boy was it a rush!

Christmas #2 - 8:30 a.m. - we went over to Jennifer and Hunter's house to see what their boys got for Christmas….I don't even know what to say…too much! We can't compete and probably won't. They always fix breakfast over at their house, so we stayed long enough to visit a bit and eat some waffles (homemade) and other fixings. It was delicious! Then we headed out the door for a 2 hour trip to Hope Hull.

Christmas #3 - 11:00 a.m. - arrived at my Grandma's house. We visited, opened presents and ate a great lunch! Grandma always gives Elyse and me homemade jellies, pepper vinegar, and other fixings. Yum! This year we got a little tote bag (extra) and some money to spend. Josh and Brian always get a subscription to National Geographic…whose home it right beside our commode:) Colt got a cute little outfit from my Dad and Rebecca and a Santa hat. After stuffing our face and saying our goodbyes, we were off to Wetumpka to see my Mom (KK).





Christmas #4 - 3:30 p.m. - By this time Colt has had maybe 2 hours of sleep, so he's a little worn out especially with all the traveling and excitement. KK gave Colt (and Troy) their very own monogrammed chair from Pottery Barn. It's too cute! She also gave him a couple of other things (toys) and Elyse and Brian gave him a couple of toys and "My very own name" book, which is so cool b/c it's a story about each letter of his name. I wish I could find cool gifts like that! Oh and I mentioned that Colt was worn out…he missed all the presents being opened, he passed out at 5:00! Oh well…a baby can take so much, but somehow Troy made it and he's 4 mo's younger! He did get to play in his new chair.





It sure was an eventful Christmas! Little man was so worn out, he couldn't make it, but he's got many Christmases to come! We spent the night at my mom's house so we could get up early and make our 7:00 a.m. flight to Breckenridge!! This deserves a post on its own! Oh and we had to wake Colt up around 5:15…sleepy!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's funny that you say Troy made it through opening presents @ KK's. However, you see Troy asleep in his chair with Colt awake! Funny that Troy's nap only lasted about 20 minutes! Can't wait for the ski trip post and some photos!

    ReplyDelete