Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 6, 2010

First Dentist Appointment

Ok, I'm not this overprotective mom by any means, so don't freak out because of my post and sending my not even 1 year old to the dentist...last time we went to see Dr. Benak (his pediatrician), he recommended that I take Colt to the dentist because he could see some white spots on his teeth. He did follow with "I'm no dentist though" as he threw his hands in the air...like 'don't ask me any questions.' So, of course I'm going to take him, what mom wouldn't? So, here we are on our way to see Dr. Crowder...conveniently right next door to where I work.
You know how you brush your teeth and make sure you don't eat anything before you go to the dentist? Recently I've started letting Colt have a little snack in the car (attached to his car seat). Bad move! Now, I have to keep this thing filled at all times, otherwise I've got a very irritated child and he lets me know about it. I told him, I didn't think it was a good idea to stuff his face with puffs before seeing the dentist, but he didn't listen to me. Here I've caught him on camera sneaking in a little snack...
At first when I walked in, I thought I was at the wrong place, b/c the lobby is very bland, no toys, no colors, nothing and nice plants sitting on the end tables...waiting is definitely going to be work for me...no way this is a pediatric dentist...I was mistaken when they sent us to this little 'play area'...that's what I'm talking about! Here we are playing with some of the toys.
Colt holding his identity bracelet...they were crazy to think he was actually going to wear that thing!


They were too sweet there, they talked to Colt while we were waiting (both the dental hygienist and the dentist)...once we went back they did their 'warm up' routine (I like to call it), showing him all the tools, which was just the mirror and the light), played with him and finally laid him down to take a look at his teeth. He does not like laying on his back AT ALL, so he fussed just a little, but I think he liked all the attention he was getting from three women, so he decided he didn't mind it one bit.
Dr. Crowder said his teeth looked fine, she did see a little white spot, but she said that some teeth just come in different and it was nothing to worry about. She educated me a little on how to take care of his teeth, which I'm horrible at! She also said that his gums looked swollen in the back, so he might cut some molars soon:( Yuck!

Here he is with his new Dentist...yay! We go back in 6 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment