Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

15 Month Update

Just a quick post that Colt turned 15 months a couple of weeks ago. The doctors visit went great and only ONE shot which he took like a champ. He now weighs 26 lbs 11 oz and is 31 1/2 inches tall. He is b/t the 50th and 75th percentile for height and weight based on his age and b/t the 75th and 90th percentile for weight based on his height...as the doctor laughed. I was thinking that he was feeling much heavier these days. I thought he was going to even out and not gain too much more weight, but guess not. At least I'm getting a good arm workout everyday b/c that boy loves to be held...STILL.

Colt's vocabulary is starting to grow a little...he really tries to say certain things but I have no idea what he's saying. Some weekends we keep our friends' dog, Bull, and he now says Bull a lot, and says it perfectly. Sad, that he doesn't say our dogs' names, Daisy and Gizzy, but I guess that's not as fun. And he is still saying "Daaa" for bath as he rubs his belly and goes to the bath, but he won't use his "b" there, but now I know he can do it.

His teachers at First Baptist have taught him 'more' in sign language and he also says 'more.' It's too cute! He has also learned to say 'no' and shake his head as he does it. This can be quite a fun game...when I say 'Colt, do you love me?,' he shakes his head no and sometimes says 'no.' But I KNOW he loves me!! He also learned to say 'mine,' which I don't like, but he doesn't say that too much.

He has been such a joy in our lives. He's a funny little thing, which I know all kids are. He is very methodical about things. He has a set a mini-books that he loves to play with, there's about 12 of them. He gets all his books and puts them in his chair, sit on them, then take them out (or throw them out) and repeat...over and over again. He will do this with just about anything and put them just about anywhere...I've let him play with his spoons, his bath items, and other small toys...once he decides where they should go...like his clothes basket or in my lap or under the high chair or at the front door...he will make a trip carrying two at a time to this designated place until all of the items are together...then he will move them again. Once he's done he usually starts throwing them everywhere. He keeps very busy and very focused! I wonder what goes on in his head b/c you can't get his attention when he's "working." I have also taught him to go fetch me a diaper and throw the wet diaper away. Ahhhh...this is going to be nice:)

Here he is in his favorite spot in the house...the pantry! J/k...but he does like it here:)

No comments:

Post a Comment