Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Back to work

Well, I have gotten through one week of work so far. I knew I didn't want to leave Colt, but I felt guilty because the night before my first day back at work, Colt woke up at 12:30, 3:00 and 5:30 so I was a little frustrated with him...I was actually mad at him. He hasn't been the best sleeper up until a few days ago, but nothing like this night:( I was so tired and felt like I needed a break, even if it meant going back to work.



Josh's mom (Mrs. Sharon) is watching Colt, while I'm at work. I was very excited that we could make these arrangements b/c I didn't have to send him to daycare 1) b/c it's SO expensive, 2) he's less likely to get sick 3) convenience & 4) I can see him during my lunch hour:)



Mrs. Sharon showed up at 7:45 on Tuesday (my first day back) and I gave her the low down on when he ate last. My emotions about leaving him were non-existent b/c the little booger woke me up so much during the night. Well, she started asking me how I was and if I was going to be ok...once I started thinking about it...maybe I wasn't ok. I tried to hold the emotions back, by giving short answers, b/c if I spilled my guts about leaving him, the tears were going to start flowing...I felt it coming. I held myself together while I was at home, but once I got in the car...I let it go. I couldn't stop. I cried all the way to work:( I was so sad, I didn't know what he was going to do that day, when he ate, slept and played. I couldn't talk to him...what if he does something new?? What if he forgets me?? Once I got to work, it was the same...I had to go to the bathroom and cry it out some more. One lady ask me how I was...and there I went again...wrong place at the wrong time! Sorry.



It didn't take that long, but I was eventually ok. I went around the office and said my hello's and I could freely talk about my first day and leaving him. It really wasn't that bad. I guess the best thing about leaving him, is missing him and then getting to see him:)



Mrs. Sharon kept me up to date all day...so nice! She has really done a great job! I thought about it later, but I didn't call her once to check up on him:( Guess I wasn't too worried! I got to see him during lunch and of course I loved all over him!



When I got home that night, we really didn't have a good night. He was very fussy, I was still frustrated. After not seeing him all day, I wanted a happy baby. That's not what I got. I'm sure it was the change in schedule that had him all worked up (hopefully). Mrs. Sharon has to learn his schedule and he's got to learn about her. Lots of changes for a little baby that doesn't understand. I knew he was tired and he cried and cried and cried. I couldn't take it anymore, so I just put him in his crib and let him cry it out. It took a little less than 15 minutes and he was out. I felt bad, but he's got to learn to fall asleep on his own.



The week went uphill from there...we had great nights after that together. Seems like it didn't take Colt long to get adjusted to Mrs. Sharon. Like I posted previously, she convinced me to swaddle him again...so far so good! Wednesday night he slept from 10:15 to 6:15 and Thursday 10:00 - 6:00. Last night (Friday) he slept from 10:00 - 2:30 (but he got unswaddled). I fed him swaddled him again and he was back out at 3:00 and slept till 8:45!! So I'm still very hopeful. I ordered a "Miracle Blanket" that Mrs. Sharon told me about that supposedly is the best swaddle blanket out there. Can't wait to use that!



Mrs. Sharon (let's call her Nana), said that he's been a wonderful baby and is SO good. Music to my ears:) I don't want this to be difficult on her either. They've done many things like go to the mall, play with his cousins Tyler and Fisher, go to Nana's and I'm sure many more things. I'm very thankful that Nana can still carry on with 'some' normal activities instead of just sitting at home. And I can't tell you how many things she's already bought him, we are VERY thankful!! I know he likes getting out too and I want him to be a social baby, so this is good!

All in all it hasn't been that bad!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are making it pretty good! I'm glad you had a good week. And don't worry about missing the things that he does. So far, when Luke has done something, it has been a progression, if that makes sense. For example, when he rolled over, he first started throwing his leg over to the side for a couple of days. I like to think I actually saw him roll over for the first time, but who knows? He could have been doing that in his crib at night. Anyway, whatever he does, he will do it again! And soon you will get to see him get really excited when you come home from work. "Mommy's home! Mommy's home!" That will be so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, now I'm sad about going back to work in a few weeks. But I'm also so encouraged by how great Nana has been for you and especially for Colt. I hope Canon doesn't throw a kink in the the dynamic!

    ReplyDelete