Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

So what's the word?

0I0 wanted to keep record of what words Colt is saying now, since I haven't yet and I know I will forget! Here goes:

Ball (b/c this is what every baby says)
Bye (rarely, he just likes to watch others say bye and wave their hand)
Up (b/c he wants his mommy to pick him up)
Out (b/c he wants out of his crib or highchair)
Shoes (this one is new and it actually sounds like shoes)
Bath (he really says "Daa" when I ask him if he wants a bath while pats his belly/chest area, but I know he's trying to say "bath":)
Stop (which sounds like "Gaa" or "Kaa", but he points to Gizzy when Gizzy is begging or barking and says it very firm and loud - just like we do:)
Uh oh (actually, it's only the "oh" part as he makes 'fish' lips...it's so cute!!!)
Hi
Mama & Dada (of course)

Ok, so I thought there was a lot more than this and maybe all of them shouldn't count, but they do in my book! I guess it's because he uses the words he knows A LOT. He knows a lot more than he can say, like when I say "I wonder where my phone is?" He'll say "ah" and put his hand to his ear (like he's on the phone). When I ask if he wants juice, he goes and gets his juice or if he's hungry (and he really is), he'll go to his highchair and try to get in it (that one is kind of sad). He knows how to sit when I say sit down, but I'm wondering how long he will actually do this when I say so?? I have also asked him if he's gone poo poo and he'll start patting his diaper:) I don't get an answer, but judging by the aroma he leaves behind...I know what's happened down there.

I'm trying (every day) to get him to tell me what a dog says, but he just laughs at me. Maybe I should move on to another animal.

It's so much fun watching him learn new things and I can't wait for much much more!

No comments:

Post a Comment