Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 4, 2009

Full of Thanks

Our first Thanksgiving as a family of greater than two. The thanks are endless this year…thankful for our precious baby, our wonderful families, awesome church family, great friends, our health, jobs, support, happiness, love…I could go on and on of all the great things that He has given us and can't say we deserve it all, but are VERY THANKFUL!

Josh, Colt and I went to Hope Hull, AL (where I grew up) to my Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. Attending were Grandma, Dad, Helen, Ken & Heath Hardy and Brianne and Blane Meadows. It was a nice quiet Thanksgiving. Of course since Colt was the only baby there, he was the center of attention and was SO good. Josh and I took him outside to walk around the house. I love going back home to the country…when I was growing up I didn't appreciate it as much as I do now. Looking back I had a great childhood with lots of land to play on…major tomboy!....sorry, I got off subject. See some pics we took around the house. The wind was blowing so hard and it was a little chilly!



Jake trying to shake Colt's hand.




We had an awesome lunch, turkey and all the fixings. I brought a pumpkin crisp dessert (Southern Living recipe from Mrs. Sharon) that went over very well.

Nap with Grandpa after lunch.


After lunch we went out on the farm to see the horses and also ran into a little calf…he was SO cute!




That evening we went to Estee and Rick's (my step sister) to see them. Colt and Knox (5 mo's) had a blast together. They were really interested in each other's feet…too funny.

Josh went home and Colt and I stayed in Wetumpka until Saturday. Saturday we had Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. It was so nice have lots of family there. Mom, John, Elyse, Brian, Troy, Kenny, Keith, Mamama, Crawford, Evelyn, Thad (he was sleepy), Eve and Reagan. We had an awesome lunch and it was a beautiful day to hang out outside:)
Onsie KK appliqued

Tractor outfit made by KK

Later Rick brought Knox and Mere Grace to get in the fun of taking family pics. I took some, but Elyse is the true photographer…my job (again) was to get the babies attention. This time (unlike Halloween) we were successful! Mom and John have: Colt (6 1/2 mo's), Troy (2 1/2 mo's), Knox (5 mo's) and Mere Grace 3. The babies apparently like lots of clapping and yelling "yay!" over and over again. I'll remember that for next time. Elsye made the appliques for each kid~!




No comments:

Post a Comment