Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Rough Week!

Last week was somewhat of a rough week for the Parrish's. The first of the many "problems" was planned...I'm not sure if Josh wants me to share this on my blog, but it's no big deal:) When I say planned, Josh has had some back problems that have been lingering for well around 6 months now. After a couple of epidurals, chiropractic visits, physical therapy, an MRI and lots of heating and icing, we made the decision to go with surgery. The MRI showed a herniated disk that was pinching a nerve which caused pain, discomfort and tingling. The surgery was scheduled for Wednesday of last week. Great...

On Tuesday, I was working deligently at my desk getting ready to be off on Wednesday to take care of Josh, when I get a phone call from the daycare...Colt has a fever. Great... I go get him and come back to my desk to finish up on some much needed work...Tuesday night he was absolutely fine and he ended up spending the night at Nana's because we had to be at the hospital at 5 am!

Oh and I will mention that after this surgery, Josh will not be able to pick Colt up for around 3 weeks to a month. Ok...I'm ready for this, especially thinking that Colt is a "Mama's boy" so it's not going to be much different.

Wednesday comes, the surgery takes place, but while I wait I get a call from Nana saying that Colt is very fussy, has fever, and maybe I need to take him to the doctor??? Well, first things first...sorry, this time Josh comes first...surgery is pretty serious and I know Colt is getting all he needs from his Nana:)

I drop Josh off then head to CVS to get his pain meds and I get another call from Nana...as she's telling me about Colt, his fever, fussy, I could hear the frustration in her voice...TOTALLY understandable! In the background, I hear him, so pitiful and crying, crying, crying:( I have to do something. So, before I pick up the meds (and in the back of my head, I'm thinking Josh is in pain - b/c he opted out of getting pain meds at the hospital - ugh - I couldn't imagine:( Anyway, I'm off to get my "other" baby:) I call the Pediatrician's office right away because the way Colt was acting was not "Colt." No appointments for the rest of the day! Granted it was already 3:00 p.m., but still! I schedule one for the next morning. Once I got to Colt he was all over Nana and since there were no appointments she just said that she would take care of him so I could take care of Josh....THANK YOU but OH the guilt of leaving my precious baby:( I don't know how I would handle both. Especially since Josh's first day was a little rough and he was definitely bed bound:(

Thursday...I go into work mainly because I've only had this job for 6 months so I don't have a lot of time saved up. Later that morning Nana meets me at the Pediatrician's office with Colt. It doesn't take long to go back (thank goodness!) and as soon as the nurse looked into his mouth, we both said "yep"...it was plain to see this definitely could be strep. The doctor came in later, checked his ears...yep, double ear infection...didn't see that coming...came back with the strep test...yep...strep throat:( I didn't even know a 'not even 2 year old' could get strep. But he did, I'm coming to the conclusion that we have a sickly little kid. Maybe he'll be immune to all this one day. I couldn't bare the thought of going back to work or leaving "my" little boy with his Nana...so I took him home...that's what a mother is suppose to do, right? OR that's what a mother wants to do...yep, those were my thoughts:)

So, I was taking care of a very sickly little boy...and a very bed bound big boy. Colt wouldn't eat anything or drink much, because it hurt so bad, he didn't even want to swallow his own saliva..so there was a lot of drooling:( cry...If he did try to eat, he would put his hand in his mouth and say "hurt." There was a lot of crying, a lot of holding, a lot of fetching, a lot of dealing with those silly little dogs - can't forget them...but sometimes it's easy to! Oh, and the fun part of it all, Nana got some ice cream for Colt and we made lots of milkshakes...Colt says it really well..."Mulkshake" just like that:) He's so smart!

Here he is with one of his many milkshakes (I think I counted 5 in two days?)



This particular day (above) I ended up driving around the whole circle of Dothan (The Circle City) while Colt watched Toy Story 3 and sipped on his milkshake. I parked in our garage and since he was entranced in the movie...we stayed there for a good hour and I got a little shut eye too! Sad...very sad!

But I have to say thanks to Nana and Pops, without them I'm not sure if we would have eaten and I know I couldn't have gotten through that first day without them!! Thanks a bunch:)

Everyone is doing MUCH better now...Colt's back at daycare going strong and Josh is back to work, although he still can't hold Colt, but I can handle that for sure!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so sorry all of that happened! I guess when it rains it pours, right? You had a good attitude, though. I hope you got some "mulkshake" too - that is so cute!

    ReplyDelete