Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 9, 2011

20 Week Appointment

I guess I'm half way there!  I had my 20 week check-up and ultrasound last week.  The ultrasound went great.  I've only had one other ultrasound where they take all the measurements to make sure the baby is growing properly and they don't see anything unusual.  I think this time I was a little more worried that something could go wrong - maybe because I know more now than I did the first time.  There was a student in the room while the Ultrasound Tech was making all the measurements of the baby.  It was fun to actually hear her thoughts aloud.  Although, I sort of wanted her to preface with the results of each measurement.  For instance "the length of this baby's head is normal"...then go on with what she was doing and describe what it would look like if it wasn't normal.  Instead first she explained what she was measuring and what she was looking for, then when she was done she would say everything was perfect.  I did mention it to her that it was a little nerve racking (in a joking manner - sort of), not to make her feel bad...then when she mentioned the cleft (sp) palate...she prefaced with "this is how a normal baby would look" then went on to say what it would look like if the baby did have a cleft palate.  I wasn't nervous or anything but she did calm what nerves were bothered by saying that I had a "text book baby."  Thanks:) 

After she was finished with all the measurements and confirmed once again that we were having a girl - although she was being very shy...they did get a little glimpse of her business:), she turned the screen toward me.  I am so in love with this little girl!  I think my feelings are different about my connection with this baby more so than Colt because I know what I'm getting at the end...I know the feeling...it's unbeleivable!  With Colt I didn't know what to expect or how I would feel, but when he arrived I was hooked and could stare at him ALL day long.  Now I get to do it again!  She was too precious, moving around, yawning (please be a good sleeper!), and all her body parts were so cute!  At one point she was laying just like I was on the table.  I had my right arm behind my head (so I could see better) and she was doing the same:)



The appointment with the doctor was uneventful again...good blood pressure, etc. etc.  I was out in no time.

Up to this point everything has been great.  I have been feeling really good lately and finally have more energy (it's about time).  I have had some swelling so I've increased my water intake and reduced my salt intake (booooo!!).  My ankles have looked much better since!  I haven't been keeping up with my exercising like I wanted, but there's just not enough time in the day with Colt and now Josh is in the middle of Spring Training.  Oh well.  I really need to get motivated so I'll bounce back once this little girl arrives.  I'll definitely need the energy then!  AND my belly button is already poking out...what!  It didn't poke out at all with Colt.  I'll have to stock up on some bandaids!

I finally took (Josh did) the first picture of this pregnancy at 20 weeks.  This picture makes me look smaller than I am (and definitely smaller than I feel).

No comments:

Post a Comment