Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 16, 2011

Colt's 2nd Birthday!

Last week, May 11th, was Colt's second birthday.  I didn't want him to turn two but it happened and it wasn't that bad.  We didn't plan a party this year, we decided that we would start the parties when he would actually remember them, not sure when that would be?  Anyway, because we didn't throw a party, I worried about what to do because we HAD to do something for the little guy.

Well, it all started that morning...first we got a picture with Daddy before he was off for a long day of work:


 After Daddy left, Colt and I took our time getting ready for school.  I wanted him to know it was a special day.  I texted my "somewhat boss" and told her I would be a little late.  We went to Publix to get some cupcakes for Colt and his classmates to celebrate during daycare.  I would have made the cupcakes, but my bunko friends hassled me about making them.  And there was no time to make them because the night before I hosted bunko and barely had dinner ready on time.  Anyway, we were off to Publix and while we were there we got a big balloon so everyone would know it was his birthday.


I headed up to the CDC at lunch time so I could come sing Happy Birthday and watch the kids eat their cupcakes.  They are SO funny to watch.  I never go see Colt during daycare because he cries everytime I drop him off at daycare and I don't want to do that to the teachers, but Miss. K told me not to worry about it and to come.  This is a picture of the kids before Colt realized I was in the room...they were all asking Miss. K to eat their lunch. 


Once he realized I was there, he was DONE with his lunch and in my arms.  I don't know what to do about this!  Anyway, once the cupcakes came out he was back in his chair...he will do anything for sweets!

He was so sweet!


These are actually two classes mixed together.  Notice all the boys?

Sam, Colt and Wagner
 Mary Kathryn and Ethan
 Colt and Wagner
 Ethan and Sam
 Mia - she is allergic to eggs:(
 Josh, Blue, Ayden and Mary Kathryn
 I think this picture is so sweet with all their legs hanging down.


Colt probably said "Hey Mommy" about 100 times, no kidding.  He was so pumped that I was there.  THEN I had to go.  I tried to get him to go to sleep, but all he did was say "Hey Mommy" over and over again, stuck his little hiney in the air for me to pat it and wiggled around the whole time.  It was really sweet and funny, but I really needed to go back to work. I said bye to a very upset crying boy.  Miss. K said she took him out of the room and they rode the elevator several times to get him calmed down before he took a nap.  She was on break, so she stayed just for him:)

I picked him up right after work at 4:30, we went to Sonic to get a slushie then went to Miracle Park Playground and Julie and Alex were there!  They were everywhere so this is the best shot I got:


Here is Colt showing some mad climbing skills...this is a little high and the first couple of times he did it I was right on top of him, but he showed me he could handle it on his own.

After Julie and Alex left (it was extremely hot), Cara and Tucker show up!  How did they know it was Colt's birthday?!?


Around 6:30 I got a text from Josh saying he was on his way home and wanted to know if we wanted to go to Pizza Castle...HECK YEAH!  No party...but we're going to fit everything in today!  We asked his friends' parents if Canon and Luke could/would come and surprisingly they did...Wednesday night at 7:15...aww they love him...or it was just something for the Dad's to do with their wild toddlers.  Nana and Pops also came last minute too!  They had an awesome time playing with the big kids toys.  Here are some pictures of the night:







Happy Birthday Colt!!

We finally got home after 9:00 pm and Colt was pooped!  I hope he had fun today because we sure did and I felt satisfied after the day was over that we didn't have a party:)

Night night little 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment