Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Good Friday

I love days off with the kids but this was a special day:)  It was so cute, Josh was explaining to Colt why he didn't have to go to school today...that Jesus died on the cross for our sins - he forgives us if we don't do what Mommy and Daddy say.  I feel odd telling our not even 3 year old about dying...not sure what kind of questions your going to get.  Luckily Colt didn't ask any just accepted it.  I never know if he is even listening to us...most 2 year olds are always pretty busy you know.  So on with our day, I thought I would question him later.  I asked "Colt, why did you not have to go to school today" and he thought for a moment and said "Cause...Jesus. was. on. cross."  That sweet little innocent voice.  He WAS listening:) 

I love how Colt thinks everything is his.  He helped me make cookies for the Grove Park Easter Egg hunt and of course thought they were all for him.  Here he is on his famous stool "helping" me make cookies and sneaking a few in his mouth!  Silly boy!  He doesn't always think of himself though, usually if there is anything he wants he grabs one for me and Josh and sometimes baby Addie, but those get put back:)


I would like to start an annual Easter egg dying "party."  This year D, Canon, Tera, Becca and Ryder came.  This was the first time I have ever boiled eggs...sad...None broke, but I don't think they were cooked all the way.  We had so much fun with the boys as they were coloring the eggs.  There is no waiting when you are talking about toddlers in charge.

Here are Colt and Canon watching the dye tablets fiz in the water.  We pretty much let them do everything with a little guidance. 

Here we go!


Remember when I said there was no waiting...ALL the eggs HAD to go in a cup.


Sooo proud of their work!


Poor Tera...was her nap time...while Addie slept through the whole thing!


Final results before the stickers.  They are very pretty!

Canon can do it without looking.



D brought over the cutest stickers...all kids had their name on an egg.


Canon spent a lot of time making this one...it was my favorite!


Time to jump!!  Love this picture of Canon...it shows his true personality!



We had a great day off!  Looking at our son, I couldn't imagine watching him suffer for others.  Thank you God for giving up your son for our sins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment