Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, October 22, 2012

She's One!

Okay, a little late, but that's alright.  Addie had her 1 year old well check up and she did perfectly:)  All smiles and happy, except when the shots came...she was pretty mad about that:(  I did actually have some questions for the doctor this time.  Addie doesn't seem to drink hardly anything, I'm talking about MAYBE one sippy cup a day, and that's a good day!  I take two cups with her to daycare full, and when I pick her up, there is one full cup and one half full cup.  The doctor didn't seem to worry about it at all, as long as her poopies :) were fine then she was getting what fluids she needed from her food.  Ok...I still feel really good when she takes her sippy cup and drinks more than 2 swallows:)  Secondly, the peice of skin that attaches your lip to your gums (frenulum) is right at her tooth line (does that make sense).  I can't lift her lip up much at all because it's so low.  Once again the Dr. didn't seem worried about it for now, but we would watch it as she grows older...something about spacing issues...which Addie is a little buck tooth:)  He made me feel ok about it, so we will see.

Her stats:

Weight - 22 lbs - 75%
Height - 30.5" - 75-90%

What she's doing now:

Addie is on the move!!  She took her first steps when she was about 10 1/2 months old, but after that I think she got a little freaked out and decided crawling was the way to go.  THEN she discovered..."oh, I can hold someone's hand."  That was the thing, as soon as she stood up, that little hand was searching in the air for some support:)  And she was off!  After she turned a year, she started practicing more and more and now she's almost running!  Literally and of course laughing as she goes:)  Best thing she's ever done!  And we are proud of her too:)  I finally started putting shoes on her (not everyday) because she was tearing up those sweet feet:(  The robeez are the best!

She is totally on solid foods now and will eat just about anything.  She's also very aggressive when it comes to food too.  If she sees something she wants she yells...not really a girly yell, a mean growling yell.  I tell her she's being rediculous and hold her horses.  She especially likes sweets....oh boy.  Both kids definitely take after me, that's all they would eat if I let them.  Addie also LOVES those on the go pouches of pureed veggies or fruits.  There's really no point in giving them to her because she sucks them dry within 2 seconds.  I like to give her food that's going to take her a while to eat, so I can get something done.  She will eat a cereal bar in the morning in about 3 minutes...no time:( 

She has become more and more clingy with me...Josh can't even hold her in my site:(  I feel bad for him, but everybody always says the girl is a daddy's girl, so maybe she will revert to him at a later age...right now it's all about mommy or "nana" which she likes to call me sometimes.  Gets the true Nana confused b/c she thinks she's calling for her, but no no...it's me:)  JK Nana:)!

Things that I absolutely love about her:

 - My most favorite is how everytime I pick her up she pops that thumb in her mouth along with twirling her hair...like a true little girl.  She doesn't have a whole lot of hair but she gets enough to twirl around her finger and hold.  Sometimes she gets my hair to play with

- In her carseat, she always cocks her body to the side, rests her head towards the middle of the car where she can look out the window, sucks her thumb and twirls her hair.  If Colt ever makes a crazy or unusual sound she pops up to see what's going on with a "what's the matter with you" look.  Not too phased though.  So cute:)

- Her favorite stuffed animals are Duck and Tigger.  She spotted Tigger at Walmart with the happiest squeal you could imagine, so I bought him.  Ever since, she laughs and kicks when she sees Tigger and gives him kisses and pulls him close when I give him to her.  Duck - same thing...

- Just love it when she plays and laughs with Colt, although Colt is becoming more amused by her since she's been walking.  I say amused...sometimes it's good sometimes it's not:)

- I won't love this later, but I think it's hilarious how she gets mad at Colt.  If I hold Colt knowing she "needs" me too, she yells or cries about it.  Sometimes if I'm on the floor I'll hold both of them and she tries to push him, yell at him, and get closer to me.  Haha.  Already fighting.  If Colt has something she wants...we know it!  If Colt doesn't give whatever she wants to her, she looks at me and cries...like Mom do something!  Yeah, this is going to get worse.  She's got a little fire in her:)

- Love that she is not totally independent yet nor wants to be.  Yes, she is very into walking and it's especially hard when we go to football games but she still needs me and wants to be held.  I'm the biggest sucker ever, but I love some lovin' from both kids:)  I want them both to be affectionate....always.

- Love how she stares right through someone she doesn't know.  It's so funny...how they may work so hard for a smile and she's NOT giving in...more like "what's wrong with this chick?"

- Love how she is so easy to put to bed...all it takes is laying her down in her crib and I hear nothing from her until the morning.  Sweet angel:)

What she's saying - not a whole lot but that's ok:)  She's been busy doing other things.  She has or does say Mama, Nana, Daddy, Addie, Uh oh...I think that's about all.  Well, and some jibberish:)

This is sweet baby girl on her birthday.  It fell on a Monday (my busiest day at work) so she had to go to daycare, but she went in style!

That afternoon we went to Chill to enjoy a cupcake.  I honestly thought that one litte cupcake would be enough, but NOOOO...both kids had a fit when there's was gone, so I got more ice cream for them to share - for free I might add:)

OH, it's been such a great year learning about this sweet angel!  Can't wait to watch her grow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment