Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 14, 2011

2 1/2 on 11/11/11


This little guy will be 3 before we know it!  Colt turned 2 1/2 on 11/11/11.  I was wishing we had someone in the family that had something going on on this unusual day, then it donged on me...Colt will be exactly 2 1/2!  Man time flies. 

We could just eat this little boy up, his demeanor is awesome.  He has had a lot happening in his life lately.  He moved up at school into a bigger classroom and started having actual learning time AND he got a new baby sister. 

As far as school goes, his teacher is very creative, not only does she teach them colors, animals and such, she goes beyond that.  For example, when they were learning about animals, she had all of them bring pictures of their pets to share with the class.  When they learned about doctors and what they do, they had a pretend session on getting a boo boo and doctoring it up.  All the kids had a red mark somewhere on their bodies (a pretend boo boo) with a bandaid on it.  After they completed this they got a certificate as an "Expert in Boo Boo Aid"


 
They also got another "stats" certificate when they pretended like they went to the doctor:


When they learned about the post man, they sent pretend letters to their parents.  So I got a letter from Colt in his box with a "real" stamp.



When they learned about fireman, policeman and the ambulance they got a fireman's hat and a certificate to remind them to call 911 and also listed mom and dad's phone numbers.

It's so cute seeing what all they are learning at school and Colt is really picking it up.  He always gets good reports on his daily report sheet...except once when his teacher said that he was talking a lot and being more of a boy.  In other words he was wild that day...haha.  But for the most part I think he's one of the calmer ones in the class.  His teacher says he always helps clean up and is good about putting everything where it's suppose to go.

I think Colt has adjusted very well with having another child to share the attention in the house.  He has had a lot of attention from his dad, since I have to attend to Addie.  He says he loves his baby Addie, and if I ever say "my baby Addie," he corrects me.  He's already protective over her.  One of his friends got close to her in her bouncer and he went over and put his arms around her and said "my baby Addie."  I actually got a picture:)


Colt has definitely changed since he's moved up at school and since Addie came along.  He's a lot louder and more "boy" than he used to be and he gets in trouble a lot more also.  It also could be the fact that he's growing up too.  He is still the sweetest thing and Josh and I LOVE him to death.  He's so smart and the way he puts his sentences together amazes us.  It's also amazing how he remembers things and loves to play pretend.

I feel a little left out because Josh puts Colt to bed every night (something that I used to do) and they have their little rituals every night.  I wish Josh could write about this but from what I know, they get PJ's on, play, brush teeth, get chocolate milk (I know...bad), then get in bed.  As Colt drinks, Josh will say "the blessing" and thank God for all his family and friends.  They name just about everybody Colt knows and if Josh misses anyone Colt will let him know.  It's so sweet.  Josh has to hold Colt's hand before he goes to sleep because he has a habit of picking his nose while he's in bed which prolongs him going to sleep.  I miss those days of getting Colt to sleep because he's so sweet, he would hug and kiss all over me:)  Now I get it bright and early in the morning when he comes in our room.  He always comes to my side of the bed and asks to get up.  Once he does he says "I want covers."  If only he would sleep later:)  We wouldn't trade these moments with him for the world.

Here are a few things I can remember that he's doing lately/discussions we have had:

I was in his room with Addie the other night and Colt found some black playdough...ugh.  I told Colt that he couldn't play with it in his room that we would have to go to the kitchen to play with it.  He then started saying "I bind my bone" (I find my phone), "I call Daddy."  He found is phone (at this point I didn't know what he was doing.  He takes an old cell phone, puts it to his ear and says "hello, Daddy play with playdough, ok, bye." I said what did Daddy say?  He said "Daddy say we play with playdough in here."  Haha!  I don't think so mister!

Josh was talking to Colt about going tee tee in the potty and told him if he did real good at school that he would get him a big surprise.  Josh asked Colt if he could choose anything he wanted what would it be.  Colt said "Santa."  Clever...Santa brings toys...so lets get Santa!

We were at a friends house one night who have a little 10 month old.  Cold and EJ were in her room, she on the floor and Colt in the glider.  He had several of her books.  He would open one, blab away (read the book)...slam in shut and say "amen."  Then grad the next one, blab away, slam it and say "amen," then on to the next.

He's on the kick of getting his guns in the house (play of course) and going around and saying "shoot, shoot" and wanting either Josh or me to run.  Then he will say "go to jail" and push us in a closet...but then he wants to get in the closet too...I don't like him "shooting" but I guess he's the police, so that's ok??

He has been asking for kisses and hugs a lot lately (probably because Addie gets a lot of my attention).  He says "I want some kiss" to me...gets my heart, after he gets his kiss he'll say "and hug." :)

We love you little buddy...speaking of, if we ever call Colt "buddy," he says "I not buddy, I Colt."  Silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment