Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Maternity Leave

Well it's over.  8 weeks when your pregnant takes forever but 8 weeks of having a baby flies by.  I tried to make the best of each moment with our sweet little Addie.  The demands of a newborn took up most of the day, but we did get out and do several things like see some friends, go to work, walk and run errands. 

I decided to make a top 10 of my most favorite moments/memories of my maternity leave:


10.  Actually getting some housework done during the week and NOT the weekend
9.    Waiting for the mail to come...I know silly, but that was part of my highlight everyday, but really opening mail was a dissappointment.  I just always thought something good was going to come.
8.    Getting things done that have been on my to-do list FOREVER
7.    Sleeping in (if we could)
6.    Being able to watch my favorite day time shows - The Today show (especially Kathy Lee and Hoda), Days of Our Lives, The Doctors, Rachel Ray, Lets Make a Deal and Ellen.  Did you know The Doctors, Rachel Ray and Ellen all come on twice in the afternoon?  They really don't want you to miss those shows!
5.    Spending almost every afternoon with the neighborhood girls.  I like to call them Desparate Housewives of Redbud Circle:)
4.    Freedom of being home and pretending I'm a stay at home mom
3.    Sleeping in (if we could) - did I mention this twice??
2.    Not showering...haha.  Although I love to shower, it just takes so long to get ready!
1.    Spending precious time with our sweet Addie of course!

It seems like I watched TV a lot but I usually was doing stuff around the house and taking care of Addie while the TV was on.  I'm going to miss my shows!!

I wanted to give a special thanks to my mom for staying with us for the first week, Nana for picking up Colt some mornings but most afternoon from Daycare, Kathy for taking care of my work at work and picking up Colt in the morning and Josh for spending SO much time with Colt making the transition a little better for him.  My time with Addie was much more relaxed and stress free because of all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment