Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pregancy update: 30 weeks



So since I haven't really mentioned it yet...I'm pregnant! J/K, just a little overview of my pregnancy...I'm now 30 weeks pregnant. I have to say I was worried about how my body was going to react to a little being in my belly, but this experience (so far) has been amazing. We have decided on the name: Colton "Colt" Andrew Parrish. He has already shown me that he's going to be an active little fellow because he moves ALL the time. I don't really notice him moving at night so much, so hopefully he'll be a good sleeper:)...probably not though if he's anything like his Daddy!

I know this is straight bare belly, but I really like this picture:)


I feel like I should share a little bit about the beginnings of Colt. Josh and I had been married for a wonderful 4 years before we both decided it was time to expand our family...and boy did we want a little Josh and Mary running around! Well, of course God had a plan for us and for the first 10 months of trying, a baby wasn't part of that plan. After several months of dissappointments, the day finally came! But first I should mention that our best friends Barry and Deborah had annouced that they were 12 weeks pregnant on a Sunday while we were having dinner. Leaving the restaurant after hearing that news, Josh and I were happy for our friends but dissappointed, jealous, worried that it wouldn't happen for us....so many emotions were flying. Well...little did we know that Sunday, I was in fact already pregnant!! We found out the next Tuesday when the preggers test had a little "+" on it:) YEAH!!

My due date is May 17th, which was perfect...one month after tax season, so it would be just fine if he was a little early or late. The first 5 or so weeks I felt NOTHING...so like any new timer, I worried! Not too much, but just a little. Finally around 7 weeks I began to lose my appetite, but that's about as far as my "morning sickness" went, and only lasted for a couple of weeks. I have had a wonderful pregnancy so far except for a little swelling and of course the memory loss and brain malfuctions! I have also been working out ever since I got pregnant, I believe it's really helped me and my energy levels. I have always heard that you are so tired your first trimester but I really didn't feel that, maybe it was the fact that I was on a constant high b/c I was so excited about being pregnant. I do have to say there are some days now when I just want to lay in the "big chair" and snooze a little.

Anyway, right now I can say I love being pregnant and I would do it again in a heartbeat, God willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment