Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 11, 2011

The New Nursery and Baby Girl's Name!

Adalynn Grace Parrish (aka Addie) will be her name!  She is excited about her arrival and she's reminding me everyday:)  She's very active but sweet about it, she hasn't kicked a bruise in my ribs just yet.  I have been working on the nursery on and off since we found out we were expecting a little girl.

Before we were even pregnant, I went to the Target website, looking for something for Colt and the home baby page pictured this too cute hot pink nursery that I just fell in love with.  Once we found out we were having a girl months and months later, I started my search on the perfect bedding and I ran across that bedding again...still loving it.  SO, I got it, it was sort of spontaneous but sort of not...and really not "me."  Here is the bedding that I purchased:



Cute right...but elegant??  So, a couple of months passed and I purchased other items to go in the room, then something hit me...do I really LOVE this bedding for my sweet little baby girl??  What if she likes hot pink and I'm stuck with hot pink forever?  I went online to see IF I could possibly take it back (tough luck)...but YES I could, I was still in the window to return it, so I printed out the return receipt and took it back the next day.  Haha.  It was easy as pie...and meant to be.

Then I was on the hunt for another bedding set.  I wanted something elegant, simple, clean, and light.  I went to Babies R Us just to browse, knowing that what I wanted only existed online but thought I would look anyway.  You know when you have a negative attitude toward something sometimes things work out so well...if you don't want to go somewhere and you finally get there and you end up having a great time...so what I'm getting at is I found the perfect bedding!  I was so excited about it and purchased it on a whim:)  I've been working on this nursery for some time and I know I have two more months to go...it's nice to have this done so I can get other things done around the house before Addie's arrival.

Here is the bedding!  So elegant, light and just perfect!  The frames are Addie's name monogrammed by my cricut.  I purchased very inexpensive frames and painted them, then put some cute/pretty pink paper as a background with her initials.  The crib was Colt's old crib that's been waiting for a new baby:)


The bumper...love it!  The diaper holder is also this material but I didn't get a picture of it.

 The chest of drawers was given to us by Josh's parents.  I (of course) painted it a while back, but it fits nicely in this room and it looks antique.  I left the original hardware because I liked it so much.  The basket in the corner was also Colt's from his nursery (along with all the toys already in there).

 The changing table was Colt's.  The pad cover is green, so maybe I'll break down and get a pink/cream colored one??  The wrought iron piece on the wall was a decoration that I've had for a while.  I did purchase the three baskets on the top shelf of the table (I hear girls need a lot more stuff:)  Diaper genie - already had.

 The rocker chair was also Colt's but I purchased a new slip cover in beige.  I ordered this rocker online from Walmart about 2 and 1/2 years ago and luckily they still sell it along with separate slip covers that fit perfectly.  Awesome!  The sheer light pink panel was purchased at Burlington for only $9.99!  The pillow (that matches perfectly) I found at Target...pillows cost a lot...so I'm not going to brag on that one.  But the steal is the cute little antique table that I found at Highlands Antique Mall for $40.00.  It's SOOO cute!

So cute!!
I think my decision to change was a good one...now I need my little baby girl to make it complete:)  I didn't paint the room and don't plan on it, I think the color goes perfect with the bedding and the dark furniture.  So there's the room, sometimes (if I have time) I like to sit in there and just dream:)

Oh and back to the name...one slight problem is that Colt still calls her Baby Kylee.  We called her baby Kylee only a few times trying it out and it's stuck in his little head...I'm sure he will learn it soon:)

1 comment:

  1. Mary, everything looks beautiful! I love the bedding and baby girl's name is just gorgeous! I hope that you are feeling well.

    ReplyDelete