Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 11, 2009

Very Impressed and Morning Routine

Last night we went to Kyoto and Colt fell asleep there, probably a little short of 8:30. I thought that I would give it a try to go ahead and swaddle him and see how long he would sleep. Well, he slept until the normal time, 6:30, this morning!! Very good boy:) 10 hours, needless to say I was very impressed. He's growing up:(

This was him this morning...he was pretty happy but my camera is delayed and he gets caught off guard when he sees all the flashing, but he was smiling...just didn't catch it.



Our morning routine.

We definitely have a morning routine now...and it works pretty well. First of all, I usually let Colt wake up on his own, not sure if this is the right thing to do but it's the Parrish thing to do:) He usually wakes at a good time anyway, between 6 and 6:30. Once I hear him through the monitor, I go into his room, draw the curtain (which blocks out most daylight - highly recommended) and say "good morning!" Even though I still swaddle him, I never know where he's going to be located in the crib, he manages to move around without use of his arms and legs. I unswaddle him right away and talk to him just a little bit before I get him out of the crib. I can always tell if he's had enough sleep or not, when he has, he's the happiest baby in the world (even before eating). When he hasn't...well...I try my darndest to sing "good morning little yellow bird," to cheer him up...not always successful. The first time I pick him up each morning is such a wonderful feeling...holding our baby in my arms...nothing can beat it!

Then off to the changing table we go. The past few mornings he's left me a nice little surprise...ok, big surprise, in his diaper and he just smiles and smiles when I finally find it:) Yeah real funny. Then we go to our bed to nurse/have our first bottle, while I catch what little news I can get during the day. We say our good mornings to Dad, before he's off to take a shower. Then it's time to eat...which takes around 15 - 20 minutes. After he finishes, I always ask him if he's happy now (not that he wasn't before) to judge if he's had enough or not. If I get a big smile, we are good to go! By this point Josh is usually ready to go or has already left...don't you girls wish you could get ready this fast?!?! Anyway, after breakfast, I strategicially place him in his infant seat right in front of the TV to watch Noggin, where I can see his little feet moving around through the mirror I use to get ready. I know, I know...he's a little young, but they say Noggin is Preschool on TV, so it's gotta be good for them, right? It pacifies him anyway, b/c once he's sees those bright colors, his little eyes are glued to the tv. Once I know he's nice and happy, I then head for the shower and get myself ready. I do tend to hear him while I take a shower talking and singing to the TV...pretty funny:)

Every few minutes I always walk by him and make sure he's ok and talk to him just a little bit. When I do, I can just see the excitement in his face, I'm sure he thinks "yes, she's going to pick me up now!," but it doesn't happen. He's seems ok with it:) Once I finish getting myself ready, I down a bowl of cereal (if we have milk). By this point (around 7:30) he usually gets a little bored with his infant seat and Noggin and his "talking and singing" begins to get a little louder and suddenly turns to fusing (that's why I "down" the cereal). Then it's time for some loving...as soon as I pick him up he get's pretty excited...I get to love/play with him for about 15 minutes until Mrs. Sharon shows up. That's when I say my 'goodbyes' and head off to work.

Here is a picture of Colt in his infant seat in front of the TV...he doesn't have any clothes on b/c my diaper surprise accidentally got on his onsie...oops. A little too much bud.



So, that's our mornings...what the heck am I going to do when he's more mobile?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment