Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Moving Down to Move Up

Colt has been attending FBC Child Development Center since he was 1 year old.  There are 2 floors to the CDC and Colt has been on the 2nd floor, which is actually the same level as the street, ever since he started.  He has been in several rooms...3 actually and have had wonderful teachers - Miss Jessie, Miss Kaylee, Miss Candace and Miss Jordan.  I think it's awesome that all his teachers are still here.  We are really going to miss them, but the time has come to move on up...or down because he will actually go downstairs to Mrs. Laura's and Mrs. Caressa's class.  He and 8 other 2 year olds, which includes 6 boys and 2 girls.  After discussing this "boy" situation with the CDC director, she told me that there are 24 two year olds and only 6 of them are girls...sooo, with three two year old classes, each class gets two girls - nice! 

I have mixed emotions about the move-up because I have heard that at this stage in life they really start becoming more independent and just plainly growing up...my heart tells me it's not time for him to grow up but with little Addie coming maybe it is...or can I keep both of them as babies??  Ok, yes I will do that especially at home...because Colt is our little baby and so stinkin' sweet!

The move up has been wonderful!  We are now in the second week and amazingly Colt just walks in his classroom without hesitation.  It is true what they told me about them moving downstairs, they really do become more independent.  I have had issues with Colt crying EVERY SINGLE DAY when I dropped him off before and he has not cried yet in his new class.  Actually one day, I was talking to his new morning teacher and a couple of times I would say "ok Colt, I have to go to work now," then I would get caught up in something else with the teacher.  Colt finally started pushing me toward the door and said "go, Mommy."  WHAT!!  Never has he ever!  I was ok with it too, I think because we have struggled dropping him off everyday, that this was a nice change:)

Also when I pick him up, he always says "hey Mommy" and continues to play, which once before he would come running to me and didn't want to let go.  Crazy!

Apparently he loves it, he comes home singing songs (that I have to ask the teacher what they are the next day) and is worn out at night.  Things are going great!

No comments:

Post a Comment