Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

One Last Trip to the Beach

Since football is now underway, and Colt and I have been spending a lot of time together I 1) wanted to take him to the beach one last time and 2) just needed some entertainment to get me through the weekend (being 8 months pregnant!)  Because I didn't (couldn't) make the trip alone, Nana and Pops planning on going this past weekend for one last trip also (before Alabama and High School Football started).  I wanted Colt to have a friend to play with so (last minute) asked my sister Elyse if she wanted to make the trip down also.  Crazy enough, she said yes!  I wasn't expecting that because she always has something to do.

Nana, Colt and I headed down to the beach Friday morning and this is what Colt did on the way down there (plus he had a little nap too).  He's got it made!

When we got there, we headed to the pool.  Nana kept Justin (Elyse's 5 month old in the condo)

I love this picture of Colt, but I especially love the little head in the background...Elyse!
 They have showers at the pool that the kids loved!


Pops is SO good with the boys!  He watched and played with them the entire time in the pool:)  He also took Troy in as one of his own...so sweet!

Someone is in "Heaven!"

This is priceless:)

Funny, when you ask Colt and Troy to hug (for no reason) they do it:)


Nana actually came out to play on the beach Saturday!  This is so sweet!  Pops had to go back to Dothan for the annual Football Camp, so Nana had to step in and take his place.



The thrill of the beach!


Nana sitting on the shore with Colt is truly a momentous occasion!


Justin's first time in the Ocean...love how Troy is watching with his little feet up.



Mmmmm...where's Troy...there he is!!!


Colt and Troy found a lot of entertainment with the Dominoes.  Troy thought that they were little telephones, so here they are calling their Daddy's:

 "Mmmm...that's very interesting Daddy"

Sunday...Pops' turn!!

Getting buried in the sand.


I think Pops had just as much fun as the boys.

We didn't last as long at the beach on Sunday, I think the boys were worn out!  Elyse, Troy and Justin left shortly after we got back in and I let Colt take a good nap before we headed back...3 1/2 hours!  The last trip to the beach was awesome, the weather was great and the ocean was clear and calm.  Colt and Troy played so well with each other and it was so nice that he had someone to play with:)

My sister got some great photos of both boys sitting on the beach together.  I will post those as soon as I can steal them:)  I can't wait to see them!

Thank you to Nana, Pops and Elyse for a wonderful weekend!!

P.S. Sorry, no pictures of me:)  I got dirty too though...actually helped build a sand castle (that kept on getting knocked over...thanks Troy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment