Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend with the Corbitt's

Colt and I headed to Auburn this past weekend to get some much needed time in with my sister Elyse and her family (and mine too:) Uncle Brian (age undetermined), Troy (22 months) and Justin (5 months).  Josh was unable to come because football season is now underway:(  I'm going to try my best to keep myself and Colt occupied somehow...it's going to be hard.

Anyway, we arrived mid-afternoon on Friday and stayed through Sunday and had the best time.  Troy and Colt got along together SO well.  Even though they have completely different personalities, together they were great!  I'm sure there was the normal...meltdown if either one of them had something that was "their's" but at this age (or it might be the child also) it's easy to distract them to want/play with something else. 

Friday KK came over to see us and the boys for a little while.  She brought over two very cute outfits for Justin and Adalynn also got some cute things that I'll show in a later post.  The boys love KK, which is so nice because Colt doesn't get to see her too often, but warms right up to her:)  Friday night we ate tacos that were SO good (mostly prepared by Brian)!  I told my sister that Colt was a terrible eater...not only did I think that he wouldn't eat much, I knew that he wouldn't sit and be strapped down in a booster seat during dinner.  We gave it a try anyway especially since there was another toddler having to do the same thing...I was proven wrong...he sat in the booster and was very content.  He didn't sit as long as Troy because he will sit in his for at least an hour but he did SO good!  He also ate A LOT...even more than Troy and Troy is an eater...proven wrong again!  And he loved the tacos...then we were off to the bath...this was FUN!!





KK left while they were still in the bath.  Nighttime for Troy is a little different than how I handle it.  Once again...Colt could prove me wrong but I didn't want to test it being right next door to Troy's room.  So I let Colt stay up with us and watch a movie.  He was all about sitting with "Ant Leese," then decided he needed to lay down on Justin's playmat...well he didn't last long...too sweet!


Saturday morning Brian (he's great) made us pancakes with real blueberries and they were SO good!  He didn't even eat any...weird.  Then, the boys, Elyse and I headed off to the neighborhood pool around 9 am...the earliest I've ever gone to the pool.  Needless to say there was nobody there which was great and it definitely was already hot enough to swim.  I took the boys (Troy and Colt) on several boat trips to the deep end to retreive toys that went astray.  I was floating on a little duck raft while Colt was on my back (no swimmies) and I pushed Troy around.  Troy had swimmies on otherwise this wouldn't have happened.  They loved it!  Elyse stayed behind on the steps tending to Justin...yes he was there too but never said a word:)  Now that I think about it, I should have been the one on the steps...I'm kinda pregnant...thanks Elyse.

Saturday late afternoon after naptime we headed off to downtown Auburn, just Elyse, Colt, Troy and me to stroll around and get some yogurt.  They boys were pretty good but once we hit a store with real live birds they got a little antsy.  They loved their yogurt...
Saturday night Brian cooked us up a wonderful dinner (do you see a routine here?) - shrimp, broccoli, cucumbers & tomatoes (I sort of made these) and sausage.  It was so good and once again Colt stayed in his booster seat and ate a lot!  He loved the shrimp...go figure.  For bedtime, I decided to lay down with Colt (against his will) but as soon as he saw mommy get in bed with him...he was lovin' it. 

Sunday we went to Moore's Mill Country Club to the pool there...awesomeness!  I only wish to be a member of a country club like that.  They had a no entry pool for kids and a separate pool for the adults, a food service outside.  I was proven wrong again...I told my sister that I was pretty sure Colt wouldn't put a life jacket on, but tried it anyway...he loved it and did great.  I'm not going to say he won't do something again (I think).  Both Troy and Colt jumped off the diving board several times...I stood there with them and they jumped to Elyse.  We ordered a great lunch and headed back home. 



Colt and I left shortly after that so he would nap in the car.  Here are some other pictures from the weekend.  We had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again...I'll probably have another child to look after by that time (then maybe I can stay on the steps of the pool :)




This was Colt's hair after he woke up the next morning - I think he slept pretty good!



Thanks Elyse and Brian for a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment