Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

It was bound to happen...

It all started with daycare! I've posted in the past that Colt got hoarse, then congested, then congested with a cough after just 1 week at daycare at the end of July. Well, I just waited it out and thought that he was getting over his cold and was doing great. Earlier this week, he got an eye cold. Then this past Tuesday night, his head felt pretty hot, so I took his temp and it was 101.4. I've heard that if they've had a cold then get a temperature to get them checked out, that it could be serious. Also, you can't be too cautious with this flu epidemic going around.

So, Wednesday I called Dothan Peds and they had me bring him in since he's so young. Let me tell you, Dothan Peds was CRAZY! I'm no germaphobic, but I was so nervous having Colt in there AND we had to go to the sick patient waiting room...ugh! They really should have a room for infants b/c they don't run around and spread the germs that those little toddlers/kids do. We waited for quite some time. While we were waiting, these two young kids bombarded me and wanted to look at Colt. They touched all over his car seat while their mom was saying "no don't touch that"...but she NEVER got up to get her kids away from me. I mean, didn't she see that I was holding a little baby??? Obviously, she's been through it too...come on!

Once we got called back to the Dr. Benak's room, I sprayed the car seat down with Lysol. The Flu test was negative thankfully. All of his systems pointed to an ear infection...prolonged cold, eye cold, temperature. He checked his ears and at first couldn't see a think due to ear wax build-up. He had to get the nurse to come back and flush out his ears. I've never seen this procedure done before...pretty neat. They take this big syringe filled with water and literally flush their ears out. OMG...the wax that they flushed out was RIDICULOUS!! Oh my! Once they were done I said "Colt, it's me...,can you hear now?" I really don't see how he could hear anything with all that crud in his ears...gross! He seemed to like it in one ear, but screamed when she did the ear on the same side as his eye cold.

The conclusion to the doc's visit was an ear infection. Thankfully, we know what it is and can treat it. He started antibiotics last night and has to take it for 10 days. So, next Friday is his last day. He doesn't seem to mind it...but about an hour after I gave it to him last night, I fed him, and I think he threw everything he ate up...all over me:( It was the worst, it actually wen all the way down my jeans to my ankles:( Poor thing. We've been giving him Tylenol for fever and saline spray for his stuffy nose. This morning he seemed pretty good, but tonight he has been pretty fussy:(

On the other hand, Josh had his first game tonight against R.E. Lee in Montgomery. We were advised or told not to go. I hate we've missed his first game as OC, but doctor's orders! For the occasion, we did sport our new Northview onsie! It's the least we could do! Keep in mind that he doesn't feel good.



Go Cougars! Hope they win!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Poor baby! Now all the boys have had an ear infection. Watch out 'cause the antibiotic will probably give him diarrhea!

    ReplyDelete