Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Trips, trips and more trips

For the past three weekends, we have been on the go and on the road... I'll try to make this short and sweet!

FIRST TRIP: DESTIN

Three weekends ago, Josh and I felt this overabundance of JEALOUSY!! All our close friends (well not all of them) took a trip to Mexico for a 5 day vacation (Ed and Leslie, Barry and Deborah, Traci and Lance, Mandy and Kyle and Alicia and Sam). I just wasn't ready to leave Colt especially since I'm still nursing...I mean how much fun would that be for me!! AND I just got back to work after an 8 week maternity leave, how was I suppose to ask off another few days ?? We have taken a group vacation like this a couple of years ago and it was the talk of the year...so, Josh and I had to get out of town. We went to Destin, FL with JoAnn (Josh's co-worker), Benji and their three kids (MacKenzie (10), Rayna (2 1/2) and Ella (8 mos)) for a nice little weekend get-away. We stayed in a little bungalo, I like to call it, in Sandestin right on the golf course. Well, with four kids (including a 2 month old - Colt), there was a lot of 'tending' to and we didn't even make it to the beach!! So, we can't count this as Colt's first trip to the beach...oh well. I guess the highlight or the lowlight of the weekend was looking for a swaddle...yes, I forgot the swaddle and Colt woke up twice on Friday night. Another highlight was eating at PF Changs...yum!! Now that was a true highlight! I'm sure it doesn't come close to going to Mexico, but a mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do!! Here is a picture from the weekend (I really didn't get a lot)...this is Colt and Ella playing on the floor.



Oh, I should mention that since Colt does a lot of grunting and moving around during the night...we put his pack-n-play in the closet!! Sorry boy, Mom and Dad gotta have their sleep!

SECOND TRIP: MONTGOMERY AND AUBURN

As I have mentioned in the past, my sister Elyse is preggers and due in September. I helped host a shower in Auburn two weekends ago. 7 of her other friends also helped and did a wonderful job!! I can see now why family members really don't help with showers, especially if you live in a different town. I felt like I didn't do much at all, but Elyse's friends made me feel like I did just plenty. I was responsible for taking the pictures and I think I took over 100:).

Friday night Colt and I headed to Wetumpka to stay at my moms (K-K's) house. We had such a great time. I wish her and John lived closer so they could see Colt more often...it's so sad! Then
Saturday we headed off to Auburn where the shower was held. The shower was SO nice and little Troy (Elyse's boy) got so many great things. We got to see both my grandparents (Mamama and Grandma), my cousins Jennifer and Evelyn, Jennifer's kids Eve and Reagan, my Grandmother's sister, Mary and her daughter Morning...and they all enjoyed meeting Colt for the first time. He was such a good baby too, he even took a nap on the couch right in the middle of the shower...they can sleep through anything!

After the shower we went to Brian and Elyse's house to re-open all the presents she got...he's going to have everything!

Colt and Troy shared their first picture together...haha...no telling what's to come!


Here are some other pictures:

Mamama (Great-grandmother) and Colt








Evelyn (Second cousin) and Colt








Eve, Reagan (Second cousins) and Colt








THIRD TRIP: FIRST TRIP TO THE BEACH

This past weekend we headed down to Blue Mountain Beach with Josh's family. Pops and Nana have a condo at The Village of Blue Mountain Beach and they try to take a week off every summer to go down there. Hunter, Jennifer, Tyler and Fisher were also staying for the weekend also. The condo has 4 bedrooms and can sleep around 11 people so it's very nice!

The first night Nana, Pops, Josh, Colt and I ate at Goatfeathers right down the street...I would really not recommend this place mainly because its way over priced, the floors were filthy and it was smelly....like rotting fish and oysters...the food was ok, but definitely not worth the price! We also ate at The Crab Trap and had a shrimp boil by the pool of the condo the other two nights. The weather was pretty pleasant except for the humidity, it rained on and off so it wasn't too terribly hot.
Here is a picture of us while waiting at the Crab Trap...it was such a beautiful evening (as you can see)....my sister made the little "peas in the pod" bubble:)


Saturday morning (early), Colt and I ran down to the beach, which is probably around 3/4's of a mile. By this point Colt had not even seen/touched the water or the sand...so I was bound and determined to make it happen. We got down there and put his feet in the sand and the water...he reallydidn't have a reaction...at all! But what's a little 2 1/2 month old suppose to do anyway?? It's just so I can put it in the baby book:) If anyone has ever tried to hold a baby right next to the roaring shore, put his feet in the water and sand and take a picture without getting washed away...it's rather difficult...and yes we almost did get washed away, Colt got a little wet, but he didn't seem to mind. Luckily a lady (who was a photographer) took our picture for us:)



After we got back from our run, Colt was worn out and joined his Daddy...who was still asleep...lucky dog, in bed...you can see where he was still a little wet from where the waves snuck up on us!

All weekend Colt was a little angel! He slept all night, every night (even through the thunder), cried very little and was so happy. He did get a lot of attention though with so many babysitters. He started taking naps all on his own, all we would do is put him on his stomach in Nana & Pops room and he would go right to sleep! Vacations are a lot more enjoyable with a good baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment