Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Big Boy Bed

Last night Josh and I decided to see if Colt would sleep in his big boy bed for the first time.  So, I laid down with him when it was time to go to sleep.  Since Mommy was in his bed which never happens in his crib, he couldn't have been more excited and he showed it.  He repeatedly said "hey, mommy" in this sweetest little voice you could imagine.  I know I've posted about him saying "hey mommy" before at night time, he will go on and on and on until you say it back.  I tried singing to him our usual songs...Jesus Loves Me and You are My Sunshine which always works.  But instead I continued to hear "hey, mommy; hey, mommy; hey, mommy"...really sweet but this can't go on all night.  Then he started pointing out all my facial features...and he's not too gentle when he does this...when I say point, I really mean poke/pull.  So we covered the eyes, nose, mouth, hair and ears over and over (simultaneously I'm still trying to sing to get him calmed down).  Finally I decide to pretend like I'm asleep while he's pulling at my earring...ouch...I hear hard breathing...crack open an eye...YES!  He's out.  Carefully I creep out of his bed, grab my camera and get a shot of him in this huge compared to his little body, but only a twin size, bed.  I don't want him to grow up!!









Josh and I both knew this wasn't going to last all night.  Around 1:00 am I heard him, no surprise.  He was so sad crying "No, nooo, nooooo, no."  Obviously he was scared:(  I immediately got up to check on him

I left the light on in the bathroom to make it visible for him and for me in the middle of the night.  When I went into his room and straight for the bed....humm...where is he?  Yet, he was still crying "Noo, noo, noooo."  Uh...I don't see him AT ALL!  Finally, it seemed like a long time, but was probably only seconds...I see one little foot peeping out from underneath the bed.  WHAT?  Ok, he's under the bed...so far that I had to actually pull his foot and drag him out.  It was really funny, but so sad all in one.  He was so scared but I think he was still half asleep.  I asked him if he fell down and he just said "huh." 

As I started thinking back there is a space between the mesh support (so they don't fall off the bed) and the headboard.  Enough space that he could have fallen between the two.  Also I do remember hearing one of his toys going off way before I heard him cry out that was too far from the bed for him to reach without actually getting out of the bed.  And there is no way from the time I heard him cry to the time I got there that he had enough time to crawl that far underneath the bed. 

Conclusion:  He fell out of the bed, didn't wake up, tossed and turned until he ended up under the bed...then woke up confused and scared in a definitely dark and cramped space.

Moral of the story:  Block every exit to the floor.

Sorry buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment