Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Project for Colt's Room

I have a cricut I've been neglecting lately, so I decided to dust it off and get to work.  Since we've moved (I will eventually post on that), Colt has his very own big boy room.  And it's a little plain.  I've been getting these daily emails from Zulily and one day there was a special on personalized canvases with different sorts of things on it like a bull dozer, bike, boat, cement truck, etc. and they were so cute!  I think they were about $40 or so a peice.  Not really bad, but I started really looking at it and most of the shapes were basic shapes - squares, circles, rectangles, triagles...you get it:)

My friend Mandy had a Thomas the Train party for her little boy Luke.  She had made a birthday sign with Thomas on it with "George Basic Shapes" cricut cartridge.  Soooo, I was going to attempt to do my own transportation vehicles.  I decided to do 4 canvases and have a letter on each one.

I drew the plans first of course and tried to make each one a basic shape so I could pull this thing off.  Then I labeled what color everything was going to be.


Then I purchased 4 canvases (14" x 14") from Hobby Lobby and painted each one alternating blue colors.  I then started with the eastiest (I thought) - the tractor (bull dozer) and started getting to work and guessing on the size of everything.




This one is one of my favorites:)


I guessed and peiced all of the transportation vehicles together except the train.  I actually had a cartridge that had a train, I just manipulated it a little to fit on the canvas.  I am proud to say that I found a little flower that I made the train "puffs" out of:)  Rebecca helped me decide to have each one holding a letter because I wasn't sure how I was going to get Colt's name on them.  To finish it off, I painted a clear sealer on top to make it shine and look like I purchased it from someone that knew what they were doing.  It turned out SO cute!


And it matched his bedding perfectly!  I meant to make sure it did, but I forgot when I got excited about doing it altogether AND I just used what I had.

Total savings: $145.00!! (estimated)

3 comments: