Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Potty Training?

I have always heard to wait until your child is ready to Potty Train, so I am/will/was.  I really can't believe that I haven't blogged about this yet because I'm so proud of my little boy, but on March 8th (yes, a month ago!) he teeteed in the potty at school about 3 times according to his teacher Kaylee at daycare.  She said that she took one of the other boys to "go" and Colt wanted to do the same thing.  He immediately took off his pants and his diaper and said "Colt potty," so she couldn't say no.  Kaylee was sooo proud of him and made such a big deal about it, there was no turning back.  So, he did it about 2 more times that morning. 

Usually, you want to see your child have his "firsts," but I was okay with this one as long as we are moving forward and progressing, I don't mind.  Of course, I was very proud of him, but I had my doubts because he is only 22 months old and it's very unusual for a boy to be potty trained early...so, I'm not pushing it:)

He has teeteed several times after this...at school and at home.  He is hilarious when he goes...lots of straining and touching...haha...he used to put his hand in the "stream" but I think I've gotten him to stop that...gross.  He usually goes right before bath time (I guess b/c he's naked) and right after.  He gets a little obsessed with it and wants to go several times in just a couple of minutes and he loves to dump it out in the big toilet.  It's cute:)

I am so proud of him...but still one more step to growing up and I don't like it:(

No comments:

Post a Comment