Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 14, 2011

THOMAS!! Annnndddd....A Slight (ok) BIG Boo Boo:(

We had a very eventful weekend, which I can't say all of it was good but in the end it turned out a-okay:)  We made plans with the Kyle, Mandy, Luke, Barry, Deborah and Canon to go see Baby Tera and Thomas the Train in B'ham and Calera, AL this weekend.  We started our journey on Friday after Kyle got off of work around 5 p.m. to head to Birmingham and hopefully hang out with Barry and Deborah before we called in a night.  Kyle, Mandy, Josh, Luke, Colt and I all piled in the Chavers SUV.  I was a little cramped stuck in between two big car seats but I found out that if I shifted from one side to the next entertaining both boys, it wasn't that bad...plus I got to watch Toy Stroy3 with them...because I've only gotten to see it 20+ times:)

We decided to stop in Montgomery for some ice cream since both Mandy and I were craving it:)  We finally decided on a yogurt shop at Eastchase.  MISTAKE!  Mandy, Josh and Colt were ahead of us just about to walk in the place and Colt walks by a spotlight that is about a foot off the ground, right by the sidewalk, not covered and has apparently been on since they opened the place.  He stuck his hand right on it and it was over after that.  I went right over to pick him up thinking that he will stop crying at any minute/second.  Nope...it started to be uncontrollable crying...then the stares started coming.  There were poeple outside trying to enjoy their yogurt and apparently a screaming baby wasn't very relaxing.  So, I head off way across the parking lot to a grassy area to try to calm him down.  Nope.  Not happening.  He was shaking his hand, screaming, saying no mommy, trying to hug on me but couldn't b/c it hurt, leaning back, SCREAMING!  Ok, this is a little serious.  Josh went and got some ice and he would stick his hand in the ice for a few seconds then start screaming again.  Kyle, Mandy and Luke were getting yogurt (we all didn't think it was that bad) and didn't know that Colt was still having a meltdown.  By this point, I start crying...it was that bad.  Finally I desparately tell Josh that he needs SOMETHING...medicine...pain relief...anything!  So, we head off to the nearest drug store....Colt screaming the whole way saying No Mommy over and over and trying to hold me and get out of his carseat.  Kyle convinces the Pharmacists that he's a doctor and needs some Silvadene and Lidocaine and thankfully the Pharmacist was very compliant and acted promptly!  If not I was going to bring Colt in and show her and let her hear him:(  But we didn't have to do that:)

The time it took to get the meds seemed like forever.  In the meantime, I sat in the car trying to console Colt.  By this time, he was so upset he threw up:(  I eventually got out of the car mainly because I felt bad that Mandy and Luke had to listen to all that.  Josh came out with some Advil and Tylenol...we tried several times to get him to take it and he spit it out...maybe later. 

Finally Kyle came out with the medicine...so we turned their tailgate into a little doctors office.  There were bandages, tape, scissors, medicine and two doctors on call:)  We all held Colt down (still screaming) while Kyle put on the topical medicine, finally got it wrapped up and not even a minute later...Colt tore it off.  I can definitely see that Kyle is very patient and is good at what he does, while Josh is very stressed and angry that Colt tore it off, Kyle simply says "that's ok, let's do it again and cover his whole hand."  No biggy...Colt's still screaming.  This time Mandy (the other doctor) steps in instead of me...why didn't we think of this before?  I stand out of the way and definitely out of Colt's view and let them go to work.  Finally the second "cast" (because that's what it looks like) is on!  Colt did manage to pop the tips of two little fingers out of the top, but that was fine with us.

I have already mentioned that Kyle is good at what he does because after that, he pulls out 3 suckers from his pocket.  He asks Colt if he wants a sucker, which are his all time favorite thing in this whole entire world (besides me and gum).  He takes the sucker, the crying has stopped!!!  Luke has been in his carseat this whole time and has been SO good.  Mandy gets Luke out with one of his Thomas the Train trains and turns it on.  Luke showed Colt his train and Colt said "uh oh" with a little smirk on his face...aww...yay.  Of course, this also makes me want to cry.

Now that it's after 9:00, we finally get in the car to leave and Colt cries a little more before he is out!  Here is a picture of him and his "cast."

 
Guess we won't be seeing Barry and Deborah tonight.  We also finally got some Advil down while he is half asleep.  We get situated in the hotel and are off to bed right after I shove some Tylenol down Colt's throat...knowing that I will be getting up in the middle of the night to take care of Colt, but that's ok:)  He does wake up about 2 a.m. and I get up with him.  I made the pull-out couch up and called it "Mommy and Colt's" bed.  He seemed to like it, so much that he was taking his gimped up hand and hitting me in the face with it over and over while he laughed.  He was in good spirits so I let him do whatever he wanted including have a few pack of smarties...oops.  We played for a couple of hours until he finally got settled down around 4 a.m. and fell back asleep and he slept until 8 a.m.  Yay.


Now it was Baby Tera time!  Tera Moss is our really good friends' Barry and Deborah's little girl who arrived 3 months before she was due.  She's been at UAB hospital since February 23rd and so has D, so we were very eager to meet this sweet little (but growing) girl, who is doing awesome by the way!



 Here is Tera who was born at 2 lbs 6 oz and now is 4 lbs!


Now it's Thomas the Train time...what we've all been waiting for!!  On the way to Thomas, all the Boys rode together (except Canon) and all the girls rode together.  Colt was with Josh, Barry, Kyle and Luke.  Josh decided it was time for Colt's bandage to come off to see the damage and here it is:(  He was in good spirits though.


When we arrived at The Heart of Dixie Railroad Museum in Calera, AL (aka Thomas the Train) we lathered up everyone with sunscreen and we were off to enjoy the festivities.  The first look at Thomas was priceless for the boys.  Luke is probably the biggest fan out of the group and knows just about every character that ever existed, Canon would be the second biggest fan and Colt the third.  Luke has a whole train set with so many trains and it's so funny he can decifer each character but I have to look on the bottom of the train to see thier names.  The boys were definitely straining their necks to get the first view of Thomas and here he is!



Our plans were to arrive at 10:30 to enjoy all the other activities before we rode Thomas, but usually with 3 toddlers, planning goes out the window.  By this point it was already 12:00 and our Thomas tickets were 12:45 so I immediately went to Will Call to get our tickets.  While I was getting the tickets the boys were oooing, ahhing and playing on the trains...



All the Dad's managed to scoop each child up to get a picture in front of one of the trains.  Each boy was also sporting their own Thomas the Train t-shirt, which was not planned:)

There were so many things to do and the whole time I was thinking we have to do everything and we don't have a lot of time to do it!  I had to constantly remind myself to take it easy, not worry and just go with the flow.  Not sure why I was like this that day, but I tried my best to be patient.  I think I wanted to see and do everything but this wasn't about me, it was about the boys having fun:) 

We made it to the gift shop and purchased a t-shirt before we were off to ride Thomas!!  I think the boys were a little confused as all of them hung on either mom or dad before they got settled in and enjoyed the ride. 







Toward the end Colt needed a little time with me:)


We were all anticipating and talking about where this train would take us and what would we see...but, kind of dissappointing for the parents...the train went about 15 minutes in reverse just to come to a screeching stop and we rode the 15 minutes back to the beginning.  All we saw was trees and a golf course, we did get to wave at some of the golfers:)  As you saw, the boys didn't seem to mind and enjoyed every second of it!

Once we got off, Colt led me to the petting zoo to see all the animals...he LOVES animals and doesn't consider them biting him at all since he doesn't mind sticking his hand through any cage that he can.  Here he is petting a rabbit, which he did for a long time.  Once he was grabbing one of the rabbit's faces...I put an end to that...eek.


We also managed to get a picture of all the moms and boys together.



After we got some food...finally...Josh took Colt to play a little putt putt...it was cute watching them play.  I only got one shot.



Then we found the Imagination Station...why did we not come in here before...they had several tables of train tracks and trains that were toddler level and all the boys loved it.  AND to top it off, it was in the shade...it was 87 degress that day and sunny. 



We also managed to convince Colt to get a tatoo (after Luke got one) of Thomas!

By this point, the parents are exhausted and even if the boys are not showing it, they are too.  Way past nap time, so we ended up calling it a day.  I think Luke and Canon were a little upset about leaving but I put Colt on my shoulders and he loves it up there so he didn't mind. 

On the way home, we were all in separate cars, and it didn't take long for the boys to pass out from their exciting day.  Mandy, D and I texted each other about the day and pics of our worn out boys:




Colt slept for only an hour and a half just in time to arrive in Montgomery.  Josh has been talking about stopping in Montgomery to see The Garage Games and some of his crossfit friends competing.  At first I said no, mainly because I wanted to get back home and at the time Colt was still asleep.  But then I knew how much Josh and Kyle would enjoy watching so I gave in.  I'm SO nice:)  I was just going to sit in the car while Colt slept, but he woke up as soon as we parked in the parking lot.  We stayed for about 45 minutes, while I chased Colt everywhere...remember I lost 2 hours of sleep and also pregnant so I'm about done!  We finally get back in the car and head to Dothan!  Yay!!

When we got home, I gave Colt a much needed bath and afterwards while he was running around naked, he slipped and busted one of his blisters on his hands:(  So Dr. Mom had to come out and do a little doctoring on his hand...I tried to make it fun:)  He loves bandaids:)



He's been a very good patient and his hand is healing great with no infections!

This was a very long but fun day!  We are pooped!  Whew:)

No comments:

Post a Comment