Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Friday!!

No work and no daycare and no Josh (he went to work getting ready for Spring Training).  Colt and I had to find something to do.  So we started the day by cleaning some much needed dirty bathrooms.  I was hesitant on doing this, but I knew I didn't want to do it Saturday or Sunday so I thought I would see what happened.  He was actually a good little helper.  I usually wait until he's either asleep or use my Fridays when he's at daycare to get some house work done.  Here he is helping me clean the toilets...this kept him preoccupied for a long time, but I had to keep a good eye on him because he likes to grab the end of the toilet brush...yuck!



I do want to teach him to help around the house and help in the kitchen (cooking or cleaning) so hopefully one day he will be a good husband!

After all this hard work, we decided to go to McDonald's playplace.  There has been maybe one other time when I took Colt somewhere to eat by myself and I think we went to Chik-fil-a, who also has a play place.  Colt chose what he was going to wear...but then I told him he had to wear pants and a shirt!


We had a really good time at McDonald's.  There was a little girl there that helped Colt get around the PlayPlace.  I only had to go down the tunnel slide twice.  Colt ate nothing and I ate both my meal and his pancakes.  It's his fault that he didn't eat any of his food!

Next we were off to play with Luke!  I decided since we've moved and don't have a big pool anymore that I would get Colt a little pool because he LOVES the water so much.  Colt had a blast, but I don't think Luke took to the water quite like Colt did:)  Listen how Colt counts to "3," he skips "1" and "2."


We also found a frog that Luke and Colt were amazed with, although Colt kept on calling it a "bug."  They both didn't want to touch or hold the frog until I played with it a little to show them that it wasn't going to hurt them.  When it was Luke's turn to hold the frog, it bounced on his chest which was followed by little melt down on his part...he didn't like that at all!  I can see where he gets it from because his mom was a little freaked out by the teeny tiny little frog too:)  They really liked to keep this furocious frog in this little bucket:


After nap time, Colt and I needed to get out.  We ran into the Blanks and Julie at PetSmart.  I've taken Colt to PetSmart before because I think it's a great place to learn and see the animals.  They only have fish, hamspers, mice, birds and cats (and maybe a couple of other things), but he still loves looking.  We thought this was so sweet that Colt and Julia were looking at the hampsters together.  It was almost like they were telling each other about them:)





After this, the Blanks went with me to Old Navy (this was the purpose of my trip anyway) to get some bigger tank tops.  After Tuan and I purchased our tank tops, somehow we ended up sitting on the bench in the front of the store while Colt and Julia played with their big dice that they got out of the "gum ball machine"...oh for about 20 minutes.  We kept on laughing at ourselves but we weren't moving because the kids were having so much fun throwing those die (sp) around.

When we got home, Colt got in his pool again...haha.  The water was freezing!  That night we cooked out with some of our neighbors in the park and it was so nice outside, but Colt had a long day and fun day with me, so we ended the night early:)

We had a great Good Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment