Colt's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Addie's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Baby's Growing Chart

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 18, 2011

IT'S A....

GIRL!!!

I racked my brain thinking of a fun way to spread the news...but this is just plain fun all on it's on!! 

We had an early ultrasound Friday a week ago, and Josh and I thought that it would be fun to keep it a little secret.  That way we could let the news soak in before getting calls/texts and so we could talk about it, just the two of us.  Before we went in, Josh and I discussed what we thought it would be (which we've done several times, but one last time before we actually knew).  Josh thought boy right away because all of our friends are having girls.  He mentioned that our friends Barry and Deborah had a boy then a girl and Kyle and Mandy had a boy and are due to have a girl in June, so there's no way we could have a girl too.  I agreed with him, but between me and my sisters, our family is ALL boys, so my thoughts were someone has to have a girl! 

As soon as the ultrasound tech turned the screen over for our viewing, she was pointing out the legs and such...I knew from that moment we were having a girl...but I didn't say anything and just let her tell us.  YEP!  IT'S A GIRL!  Wow, I really can't beleive it.  I fell in love with her right then and there.  I think Josh was a little weirded out by me and how excited I was, but I really didn't care at the time:)  I remember when I was pregnant with Colt, my mind was completely consumed with baby, baby, baby...but this time I sometimes have forgotten that I'm pregnant at all.  Since we found out that we will be bringing home pink instead of blue...well, my mind is consumed again with baby, baby, baby!   

I honestly had a feeling we were going to have a girl, but of course I wasn't sure.  I have felt so different this time around (not in a good way) and just thought surely this can't be another boy.  I also really wanted a little girl, I would have been happy with a boy and it sure would have made things a lot easier, but having a girl or having a different gender than your first is SO exciting!

Here is a picture of our sweet little girly girl!!



I said that we kept the ultrasound a secret so we could let the news soak in, but as soon as we got in the car I HAD to call my mom.  I asked her what she thought I was having and she said in the most sweet, desparate, soft, easy voice, please say it is... "a girl?"  Haha...YES!!!  She was super pumped...not that she doesn't love her grand boys...she already has 4 and she's a sewer and said that she's been holding back with these boys because the boys' daddy's don't approve everything.

Josh and I had a nice lunch at Rodeo Mexican restaurant...how did he know I wanted Mexican...sounds really good right now too!  Then I was off to telling everyone else the exciting news.  AND maybe I already bought her something:

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is SO exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Pink Pink Pink in the house! Girls are so much fun- although they can put you in financial ruin- their clothes are just too cute! So happy for you all!

    ReplyDelete